Monday, December 12, 2011

Jams and chutneys

Over the last few years the jam chutney making bug has gone from strength to strength in this household. In fact so much so my other half usually suggests that's it about time I gave some away as presents. So now each Christmas that's exactly what I do. Last year I made little baskets up lined with tea towels and brown shredding and three jars of my finest together with a couple of Ikea gingerbread nightlights and possibly a small bottle of home made fruit liqueur ( limoncello or cranberry vodka ). The cranberry vodka tasted very festive.
This year I have sorted my jars but haven't quite decided on the packaging but am thinking along a small christmas tote. I will let you know when I have decided. Any  other suggestions would be gratefully received ! This year I have made damson gin and crab apple brandy which I am bottling tonight. Pictures of these are to follow . But in the meantime I attach photos of my chutneys before and after dressing!

No comments: