Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I've been busy sewing



Having given up my job last Summer, we have definitely noticed the drop in household income. We are all doing what we can to help- little things count like turning off lights, not cooking too much food, growing our own veggies, cooking form scratch, and keeping the chickens are all important. Whilst I still work the odd day here and there, I felt I needed to do something else to help with cash flow and something that didn't involve licking envelopes either. I needed something to get my teeth into ( no not being a part-time dentist), something for me to work on, to think about whilst at home. I made a number of gifts at Christmas this year and one of our local shops took several of my cushions and childrens aprons and they did pretty well. I have dusted my sewing machine off and given it an oil and have started beavering away. I made these :

and these this week:



To be honest I'm not going to make a fortune but it should give me a lot of pleasure and if nothing else  it  will give me something to think about in those wee early hours of the morning when I just can't sleep.

I'll keep you updated on my progress in between my allotment and other posts. Now where did I leave the scissors.....................

No comments: