Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rain,sleet,snow wind and flowers!

What a week- Sunday was a complete washout here. My friends had a stall at the Winchester vintage Market and it was a wet and chilly day we even had snow/sleet. More about the Market later. I was a bit down in the dumps- the weather wasn't helping and so I bought these to cheer myself up.



 Aren't they beautiful. They are full of that happy sunshine yellow- their little faces grinning from ear to ear!


We had some  discussion Mr H and I about which receptacle was best for them. He thought the pale yellow jug and I'm afraid I disagreed and went for this jug.



 The circles complement the roses beautifully. I can't help but smile when I see these roses. They really cheer me up. They are so full of sunshine with promises of spring and summer!
They were on my dining room table but have since moved to the kitchen window- where I can admire them when washing up.
I have been trying to catch up with chores here. It seems to be never ending , I seemed to have got behind after my busy week recently. Yesterday we did a uni visit to Oxford Brookes, but the course was not what my daughter wanted, so I think we can safely cross that one of the list. More uni visits in the next few weeks.

 On returning home  from shopping on Tuesday - there was a lovely surprise waiting for me a beautiful big bunch of tulips had been delivered.





My daughter had wanted to thank me for taking her on her uni visits. They were so unexpected and so beautiful and they now take pride of place on the dining room table.

I will post later about my visit to the vintage market, so until then............

No comments: